Hello, I'm Clockwork Prince (or CWP if you'd rather use something short) and I'm a nonbinary hobbyist gamedev from The Netherlands. My pronouns are they/them/their/themself.
I love making narrative-driven games, though tend to use implicit storytelling for most of my projects so far. Gameplay-wise I tend to focus on exploration and puzzles, though some games might also have some action elements.
Q: I want to play your game, but they are all marked as Windows only and I am on Linux/Mac. Can I still play them?
A: My games have been created and tested on Windows only, so I cannot guarantee you can play my games on a different OS. However, you can try using one of the following software to make them work for you:
Q: I found a monetised referral link for one of your games. What should I do?
A: Please do not send hate to the person who put the monetised referral link to my game, but contact me instead so I can ask them to take down the link.
Q: Can I make fanart, fanfiction or other types of fanworks based on your games?
A: Unless otherwise stated in the text files disclosed with my games, I allow fan works that follow the following general rules:
- Crossovers and parodies are allowed.
- 18+ content featuring characters who are 18 years or older are allowed. (For non-human characters, they have to be of legal age too. You can ask me if you are in doubt.)
- Please link to http://clockworkprince.itch.io/ in every work's description.Please note that monetised referral links (adf.ly, ouo.io, linkshrink, etc.) to my games or websites are not allowed.
- Please do not feature the following subjects in your fanwork(s): rape, paedophilia, hate speech, propaganda.
Q: Can I make a fangame of your games?
A: This depends on the game. You'll have to consult the disclosed file about fanworks to see if it is allowed for the particular game you want to make a fangame of. If making fangames is allowed, please stick to the fanworks rules as outlined above, along with the following additional rules:
- Only non-commercial fangames are allowed. (Patreon, PayPal donations, etc. are exempt, as long as they are not required before acquiring the product.)
- Please mark all fangames clearly and explicitly as being unofficial.
- Please do not port my games over to different engines without prior permission. (This means no remakes in e.g. Unity or GameMaker.)
Q: I want to make commercial fanworks of your games! Is this allowed?
A: Yes, but under the following conditions:
- Direct monetisation is only allowed as a means to gain back production costs for physical goods. (Patreon, PayPal donations, etc. are exempt, as long as they are not required before acquiring the product.)
- Please do not sell products that include original assets of my games. This includes sprites, logos, screenshots, etc.
Physical reproductions (cross-stitch, perlerbeads, paintings from scratch, etc.) are exempt.
Any merchandise that has the original game materials directly printed on it (t-shirt, mousepads, etc.) is not.
- Please clearly mark the products as unofficial. If possible, please provide a link to http://clockworkprince.itch.io/, marked as the official website.
- No brand promotions are allowed to be included.
Q: What is your policy on let's plays/video reviews/video analysis/streams/etc. of your games?
I fully allow my games to be featured in video content, though under a few conditions:
- No brand deals.
- No mid-roll ads that interrupt gameplay.
- All ads can be skipped (ads on streams are exempt).
- Links to Patreon, GameWisp, PayPal donations, etc. are allowed.
- Please link to http://clockworkprince.itch.io/ in every video's description.Please note that monetised referral links (adf.ly, ouo.io, linkshrink, etc.) to my games or websites are not allowed.
- No spoilers are allowed to be included in video thumbnails.
I would also like to request that you do not make jokes about rape or paedophilia.